Art in Colour
“I prefer living in colour,” a classic quote from British artist and photographer David Hockney and it is hard to argue against him. One great way to add some colour to a space is through art.
Interior design is in a way all about combining your personality with your preferences, to create a feeling in a room that makes you thrive. Colour of course plays a huge part in that, and adding art in colour to a space can be a great way to evoke a certain feeling or mood.
“I prefer living in colour,” a classic quote from British artist and photographer David Hockney and it is hard to argue against him.
One great way to add some colour to a space is through art. Art in colour can be a great way to evoke a certain feeling or mood.
- Morning BlissRami HannaFrom €180|
- Her VaseFelicia MasallaFrom €49|
- GrowFelicia MasallaFrom €49|
- Havana HeadlinesRami HannaFrom €49|
- The Apple TreeFelicia MasallaFrom €49|
- PoolsideMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- MontecitoMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- Resting CloudVictor FalkFrom €49|
- CatwalkMartin WichardtFrom €49|
- Hoop DreamsMartin WichardtFrom €49|
- Passing ByMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- En RouteMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- Still FruitOsman TahirFrom €49|
- The StormMartin WichardtFrom €49|
- A Perfect StormMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- Costiera AmalfitanaRami HannaFrom €49|
- BoredFredrik EtoallFrom €49|
- Legs & Ruby IIIRami HannaFrom €49|
- Legs & Ruby IIRami HannaFrom €49|
- SheepsVictor FalkFrom €49|
- Alone TogetherOsman TahirFrom €49|
- BasicsOsman TahirFrom €49|
- Tall JohnVictor FalkFrom €49|
- Shallow BayVictor FalkFrom €49|
- SulfurVictor FalkFrom €49|
- Sail AwayMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- Family Food MarketNiklas PorterFrom €49|
- Blue SuburbLisa OlssonFrom €49|
- Above The GullsVictor FalkFrom €49|
- InspirareAmanda GyllingFrom €49|
- Sotto Il SoleAmanda GyllingFrom €49|
- Soller From The SeaMichaela WissénFrom €49|
- Flight Of StairsRami HannaFrom €49|
- FormaAmanda GyllingFrom €49|
- PoppiesNiklas PorterFrom €49|
- Parking LotNiklas PorterFrom €49|
- A Kiss GoodbyeRami HannaFrom €49|
- Chinatown No1Niklas PorterFrom €49|
- Chinatown No3Niklas PorterFrom €49|
- Chinatown No5Niklas PorterFrom €49|
- Chinatown No7Niklas PorterFrom €49|
- A Colourful FacadeRami HannaFrom €49|
The perception of colour
First off, what is art in colour? Well, short version, when light bounces off a surface and is reflected back into our eyes, our brain perceive a sense of color. However frm an art and design perspective, color has a slew of attributes which are primarily subjective. Most people can see more than ten million distinct colors, hues, shades and tints.
Colour in art history
For millenia, colour has been one of the elements of art that artists use to render the world as they see it.
Interior design, art and colour
Most people can see more than ten million distinct colors, hues, shades and tints. But what is colour? When light bounces off a surface and is reflected back into our eyes, we perceive color.